Friday, October 21, 2011

Topic!

Ok, so we have to write a persuasive topic. The topic that I choose to write about is why it's more cost effective to go to a 4 year right out of high school instead of going to a junior college first. Although, junior college typically are easier and much cheaper, getting a Bachelor's degree requires that you have 4 years of what they want.

I'm taking this from my own person experience in that if I would've just gone to a 4 year right out of the gate, I would be done by  now. Instead, I graduate a year later with almost 170 credits. There are multiple reasons:
  • You have to have a certain number of upper division credits.
  • Most institutions only allow a transfer of 64-70 credits.
  • Many transferred classes do not count for certain programs so they must be re-taken.
  • Many classes are prerequisites for another class. So, if you haven't taken one class, it can hold you back from taking a number of classes which in turn pushes back your graduation date.
There are many other reasons that prove that just going to a 4 year is more cost effective, but those are to follow in my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment